Brand/Identity — Design Intense created this logo proposal to enter into a contest sponsored by the Ministry of Tourism for the Dominican Republic to redesign their logo. The tagline is that the Dominican Republic “Has it All”.
The concept is to combine three key things that the Dominican Republic is internationally recognized for into one unique symbol: beach, golf and baseball, each represented by a section of a complete ball.
- Beach: the Dominican Republic has some of the most beautiful beaches of the Caribbean and is a reason for many tourist to come to visit
- Golf: the Dominican Republic has premier golf courses designed by some of the most prestigious golfers worldwide, making golf big attraction
- Baseball: the Dominican Republic is internationally recognized for its baseball players who play for major league teams across the US and Canada and baseball is a huge part of the culture here year-round
In addition to the three main symbols, there are other references in logo that are more subtle:
- colors in the beach ball are also colors of carnival
- colors of the shadow and typography are the colors of the Dominican Flag
- the golf ball tinted green references the lush tropical greenery of this island
- the casual style of typography references that you can relax in the Dominican Republic
Contest winner was scheduled to be announced January 30, 2010.